- Library Login
Full Time Positions
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The University is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and user-focused librarian, with a strong commitment to instruction, to join the Masland Library team. The Reference/Instruction Librarian reports to the Assistant Director of the Library and works with faculty and students, in person and online, one-on-one and in the classroom, to promote the effective use of print and digital resources available at the library. The successful candidate will develop training and resources, using tools such as LibGuides, course management, and Stacks Discovery as well as coordinate social media, events, and outreach opportunities. The librarian in the position will be responsible for providing reference services and serving as liaison to faculty.
This position requires occasional evening hours and one Saturday per month during the regular semester.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program required
- Minimum of 3 years of academic library experience required
- Reference and instruction experience strongly preferred
- Innovative and self-motivated individual
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience with course management software (Moodle, preferred), LibGuides, and ILS (Innovative Interfaces’ Sierra preferred)
- Familiar with professional issues, trends, and technology in academic librarianship
Applicants must be in agreement with the mission, vision, statement of faith and community life standards of the University To apply, please complete the online Employment Application. You may upload your resume/CV and a cover letter with the application.